by Nathaniel c. - Verified user on Jul 23, 2023
Great experience with the west island marins
by Gene C. - Verified user on Jul 21, 2023
Really appreciated the assistance with the approach in your channel. Thanks.
by Charles H. - Verified user on May 29, 2023
Had a great stay, the marina staff was responsive with questions. It was a nice mooring location, well protected harbor, great food and atmosphere at off the hook
by Stephen P. - Verified user on May 28, 2022
Disappointing on a few counts - keeping in mind that our visit was the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, so early for the "season".
1. Calling West Island by phone, call was eventually picked up, but the person answering the phone (answering service maybe?) could not answer questions about the marina except that the on premises restaurant was not open. My srious questiosn were about how to approach the marina because the charts show lots of shallow water and rocks all around the cove where the marina is. I was referred to the owner of the marina who did not answer my phone call.
As it happens, there is a channel into the marina marked by small mostly red bouys which we dod not se eon the way on, but noticed once we were moored.
2. Mooring bouy did not have a penant making it VERY challenging to pick up. Only a large shackle was there to tie up to.
3. Premium mooring rates were charged even though few services exist or were available at the time of year we visitied. Why not pro-rate the cost based on what is on offer?
4. We didn't use the bathroom or shower facilities. We did go to shore, but the facilities locatioon wasn't obvious.
5. No one was around the marina to answer questions, etc.
6. Wind blows off Buzzards Bay right over the causeway that "protects" the marina. There are no waves from the bay, but the wind can be high.
On the plus side, the marina is quet and there isn't a lot of ambient light.
by Steve G. - Verified user on Sep 06, 2020
Great marina. Channel in very well marked. We had mooring #1 nice spot. Off the Hook restaurant is awesome. Live entertainment and great food and drinks. We will be back.
by Chris B. - Verified user on Sep 03, 2020
We came to West Island from Cuttyhunk as part of our 'tour de Buzzard Bay'. The channel into the marina is narrow but well marked. There is a large mooring field once out of the channel. We didn't get a response on the radio so I reached Mary on the phone after 2 calls. She directed me to mooring #1 which is well protected to the south by the causeway but not especially scenic. We took advantage of their restaurant which was tasty and fun as they had live music. Be aware that the fuel dock has only about 5 ft. of water at low tide.
by Natalia M. - Verified user on Aug 26, 2020
The marina is clean and very friendly stuff. We have a great experience , just missed the restaurant that is closed Mondays and Tuesdays
by Elizabeth G. - Verified user on Aug 01, 2020
This quiet, protected Marina is an amazing spot. With the incredible views, you are definitely in one of Nature’s finest locations. Sunsets are gorgeous and the Owners are fantastic! We will return!
by David T. - Verified user on Jul 20, 2020
Really enjoy this Marina! Thank you again, see you next time
by Richard B. - Verified user on Jul 05, 2020
Excellent hospitality and friendly service
Just remember this is a bring your own mooring line when tying up. Go back anytime and will
by Scott P. - Verified user on Jul 20, 2019
A little hard to get into, but owners and staff were wonderful.
If you’re looking for slightly secluded this is 5 stars