by MV Y. on Apr 30, 2023
Location is 5 star, but it stops there.
- Entrance to marina is 4- 5' max, we ran aground both ways, in the channel (Which is not marked even though they say it is, it is marked like in the keys, a stick sticks out and you have to find your way around it). All excuses on why, fact is it has never been fixed in years. A new powerboat came in this week, hard aground in the channel, had to be pulled off.
-Zero protection, the wall bordering the Marina to the harbor is only to the waterline, it is wood planks, surge goes right in, east winds, you are sacrificed, a light wind almost blows it down.
- Ran aground in the marina, 3 times. Silt is everywhere, slips were less than 5', cannot run the A/C, baskets clog quickly. One tenant figured it out, start the engines weekly, full throttle in fwd and then rev, clears his slip, bury's in the fairway and others run aground there
- Electric is questionable, damage to other boats around us, we have isolators... thankfully
- Docks are falling apart, some folks had the poles strapped together with tie downs. Newer dock from the Hurricane, thanks to insurance at the time, but the poles must just be sitting in the silt. Two boats sank this week due to some east winds and zero protection
- Bruce (Manager) never seems to be around, nobody helped us come in after multiple calls, other boaters did help. Lots of complaints from other tenants but they let them live at the dock so they support Bruce and the Marina publicly, finding a live aboard facility in this area if you are not going to be a boater is difficult. Some of the boats are borderline derelict
- Building was condemned many years ago during a hurricane we understand but still left open for laundry, laundry is disgusting, so are the dead roaches inside the building
- Pump out barely works, very low suction, watched a live aboard dump it all over the dock and into the water, a little hose off from the hose is all that happened.
- Drugs on the dock and parking lot, the smell of marijuana was all day everyday, who knows what they are doing in the parking lot, felt unsafe, have brought it forward multiple times, it gets ignored.
- Liveaboards if you can call it that, they are definitely not boaters, it is a floating trailer park for many. The good part is the gates to each dock are locked mostly so the public cannot just walk one but once you leave the dock, it is not a good area
- Parking lot is a dirt lot, if you bring a car, it is filthy day 1
- The pool is disguising, nasty, needs chlorine and cleaning badly
- Other boaters on the dock have said they ware stuck until the spring water rise, they cannot get out.
- Bruce's claim on safety is a police chief lives in the marina on his boat, he must turn a blind eye to the drug usage and vagrancy that is there.
-BBQ grill area is falling apart, almost to the point of being unsafe, same with the docks/Walkways by the BBQ/Manatee area
- Wifi - what wifi ? It is there but not reaching to the further docks at all and if you can see it, it is useless.
- Manager not on site 24/7 as advertised and how it can be a clean marina is beyond me, it is far from it. It should be re-evaluated by the EPA
The website is pretty, you are being duped, the location is good in calm weather and if you draw 3-4' you may be OK going in and out but your sucking up silt. If your a outboard, great, you can trim up, if you are small and need a night to get through, settled weather you are fine.
Bruce is probably a great guy. He brags up what they are going to do for years but in the last 3 years of hearing this, nothing has happened. Tells everyone the new hotel is 18 months away, two years ago I was told that, it was repeated again this week. It must be the owners who I think are Michael McPhillips and owns other hotels/properties in the area, possibly https://docksideinn.com/ as well.
Bruce gets super defensive when any of this is brought up. It would be a nice place if someone cared, was a boater and the corporation freed up some capital to do it correctly, they could be top shelf. If you just want to watch the launches, anchor out.
The location is awesome to watch the launches, you can feel the engines accelerate but the damage to our boat is not worth it.
by Mary H. on Apr 05, 2023
There aren't enough stars for Bruce at Kennedy Point. We were at anchor, with a dying battery bank and little sun for the solar panels, so we decided to fire up the engine and let the alternator charge us up. The starter chose that moment to fail. Even though the marina was very full, Bruce went out of his way to find us a spot that we could be towed into. We wound up sideways to the slip, and Bruce and some awesome boat owners ran to help. The tow captain made some unfortunate decisions including unhooking from our boat (!) but in the end wound up doing what Bruce said needed to be done, and we finally made it into the slip with no damage or injuries. It was clear that he truly cared about us and our boat and the other boats. He also let us stay longer than planned to allow time for the new starter to arrive and someone to install it, and so we could time our departure (our draft is deep for the channel getting in so every inch matters) for high tide and calm winds and chop. Bruce really saved our bacon and we are so grateful.
by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2020
ONE OF A KIND LOCATION!!! Absolutely loved looking directly across to SpaceX Launch pad from the marina! Beautiful and peaceful, enjoyed watching the dolphins and manatees inside harbor. The marina is nearly complete with brand new docks and slips. On site manager really goes above and beyond to make you feel at home, and is extremely accommodating. People are friendly, and there are plenty of nearby restaurants and local attractions to choose from. I would highly recommend this marina!!!
by mark l. on Jul 27, 2016
This Marina has great people living in it, but the marina itself is in horrid condition , also the management is total inexperienced in marina's and dockage, it is over priced and has no seawall protection , the dock power boxes are very old and cause fires once a year , and burn up shorepower cords regularly, bathrooms are dirty most of the time but the pool is nice, the wi-fi is weak and reserved for the manager mostly , also if you have a deep draft boat 3" you will be on the bottom be prepared to clean your systems after you leave ,also the security cameras don't work and the gate locks dont work most of the time ,and if for some reason you leave you vessal there for a month and don't pay they will sell your boat asap ! no money is put back into the maintence of the marina ever, the mananger keeps it and has 3 boats there he gained from seizures , also roaches are a major problem and sewage is common in the water ... Good Luck and Stay away from this Marina !